Landauer Publishing - The Handmade Quilt by Carolyn Forster
Discover the joy and serenity of slow stitching!
- Comprehensive guide contains 21 different blocks to use up your stash
- Heirloom-quality quilt project using all 21 blocks provides both a complete learning experience for new quilters and a stunning project for experienced stitchers
- Skill-building techniques begin with the basics and progress to more intricate methods with each new block
- Detailed how-to instructions and photographs take you through the process step-by-step
- Inspiring gallery of block color options is included
With one quilt made up of 21 block designs, master teacher Carolyn Forster takes you on a quilt making journey that begins with the basics and progresses in skill level with each new block.
Start with simple blocks and easy methods, then move on to more intricate pieces and challenging skills as your confidence increases! With templates for every block and step-by-step instructions and photographs, The Handmade Quilt will help you thoroughly practice hand stitching and hand quilting blocks, from stitching set-in seams to stitching curves.
The Handmade Quilt provides both a complete learning experience for new quilters and a stunning project for experienced stitchers. You'll be amazed by the finished project: An heirloom-quality quilt that's also a beautiful sampler of stash-busting blocks!
Inside, you'll learn how to finish the sampler from beginning to binding, including how to stitch set-in seams and curves, plus find templates for every block. Carolyn even shows you color options and how to re-arrange blocks to make the quilt your own!
Slow stitching is gaining popularity as savvy quilt makers recognize benefits including creative inspiration and enjoyment of the process—with no need for a sewing machine! Get lost in your thoughts and let go of stress as you build a rhythm of working while learning to hand-stitch.
Discover the joy and serenity of slow stitching, hand-piecing, and hand-quilting for yourself in this Scrap Your Stash guide! Heirloom-quality quilt that's also a beautiful sampler of stash-busting blocks!
Author: Carolyn Forster
First Published: 2018
No of pages: 142
Supplies and Fabric sold separately.
Pick up and Local Delivery available